The oven is one of the most difficult devices in the kitchen to keep clean.
When used, persistent carbon deposits and baked on grease are often formed. This happens even when the device is used very carefully.
Special products and homemade recipes will help to remove baked on grease from oven trays and restore the appearance of the oven. This article will tell you more about how to clean carbon deposits in the oven.
Cause of appearanc of Baked On Grease on Oven Trays
Fat splashes while cooking in the oven will cause carbon deposits to form on the inner surfaces.
The situation is aggravated by high temperatures, condensation, and evaporation. With repeated use of the oven, dense chemical compounds are deposited on the inner walls.
When the stove is heated, they begin to emit smoke, give off an unpleasant odor and substances harmful to health.
Regular maintenance is necessary to prevent carbon deposits from forming. This allows you to maintain the hygiene of the place where food is prepared and to avoid the release of unhealthy, and often dangerous, compounds into the air. It will be much easier to cope with the task if you do not start the situation and do not let the soot build-up.
You may also like Alternatives Homemade Oven Cleaner Without Baking Soda.
How To Remove Baked On Grease From Oven Trays? Home Remedies
Homemade oven cleaning recipes use the products available in the household.
When choosing a method of exposure, one should take into account the degree of contamination of internal surfaces.
This method of washing the oven and oven trays is suitable for regular cleaning in order to keep it clean and prevent the formation of thick deposits. But with old deposits, this method will not be effective.
- prepare a solution of 1 liter of water and 1 tbsp. l. gel;
- beat the composition into a foam;
- distribute the product over the surfaces with a sponge;
- rinse thoroughly with water;
- wipe dry.
Vinegar and soda
To remove baked-on grease from oven trays, you can use cleaning in several stages:
- Dilute a pack of soda with water so that a very thick gruel is obtained.
- Apply the composition to the inner surfaces. For old carbon deposits, the product layer should be thick.
- Leave to stand for 10 hours.
- Use a sponge and a plastic scraper to clean.
- In a separate container, mix 0.5 cups of water and the same amount of vinegar.
- Pour the resulting solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the vinegar solution onto the walls of the oven. In this case, the formation of foam should occur.
- After the end of the reaction, the oven must be washed and dried.
Using this method requires a lot of time during which the oven cannot be used.
The use of ammonia will remove even old carbon deposits and baked on grease. This method requires preliminary preparation:
- organization of good ventilation of the room;
- mandatory use of rubber gloves;
- the use of respiratory protection.
Cleaning steps to remove baked-on grease from oven trays :
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Pour 5 bottles of ammonia into a heat-resistant container.
- Place the container in the bottom of the oven.
- Turn off the oven.
- Leave to stand for 12 hours.
- Remove the container and trays from the oven.
- Using baking soda, wipe all surfaces with a sponge.
- Wash off with water, wipe off.
It will take a long time to ventilate the oven after such processing.
Citric acid method
Citric acid can be used to remove carbon deposits. The best result with this treatment is achieved by warming up the oven.
- set the oven heating to 200 ° C;
- in a wide refractory container (for example, in a baking sheet with sides), pour a solution of 0.5 liters of water and 20 grams of acetic acid;
- put the container in the bottom of the oven;
- close the door;
- wait until the water boils;
- after the solution boils and water droplets appear on the inner surface of the glass, turn off the heating;
- wait until the oven cools down;
- wipe all internal surfaces and trays with a sponge;
The effect of cleaning can be enhanced by spraying the walls of a concentrated vinegar solution prepared in a 1: 1 ratio.
Household chemicals To Remove Baked On Grease From Oven Trays
For cleaning ovens, a large number of different products are produced by domestic and foreign manufacturers. These products allow you to clean faster than some homemade recipes, and without the unpleasant odor that is characteristic of, for example, ammonia and vinegar.
Oven cleaners are available in various forms. These can be powders, aerosols, gels, etc.
When choosing a specific drug, you should consider the following points:
- Smell. The less pronounced it is, the better. This will allow you to be sure that the foreign aroma will quickly disappear and will not affect the dish being prepared in the future.
- Structure. Most of the preparations contain components that are corrosive to the skin. It is prohibited to use such products without gloves. If the package has a note about environmental friendliness – the composition is harmless, it contains natural ingredients.
Recommended for you How To Clean Microwave With Vinegar And Baking Soda?
4 safest way to clean an oven
The inner surface of the oven is close to the food being prepared, which imposes a number of restrictions on cleaning.
- When cleaning the oven, do not use household chemicals that are not intended for this purpose.
- Do not use tools with abrasive surfaces for cleaning, as this increases the risk of damage to the inner walls of the oven.
- After cleaning the oven in any way, be sure to rinse off the cleaning compound. Remaining on the walls, it can accidentally get on the food, as well as get into the air during the operation of the oven, which poses a threat to health.
- Do not use cleaning agents when the oven has a self-cleaning function.
5 self cleaning oven recommendations
In order to take care of the oven without unpleasant consequences, it is recommended to use the following expert advice:
- Traditional methods of cleaning are often no less effective than purchased products.
- It is advisable to carry out work on cleaning the oven with rubber gloves.
- Before using a specific preparation for the oven, be sure to read the instructions for it.
- When cleaning the oven, do not forget about the door. Its inside is washed with the same composition as the entire oven.
- The oven should only be cleaned after removing the dishes, racks and trays from the oven.
Read More Guide at DailyHouseCleaning
It is possible to remove baked on grease from oven trays with the help of improvised means and special ones purchased in the departments of household chemicals.
In cases not started, it is not difficult to cope with cleaning the oven and not for a long time, but if the state is neglected, you will have to spend more time and effort to achieve the result.