Tile is a building material for finishing rooms with high humidity. It easily tolerates temperature changes, does not absorb water. Folk recipes and modern cleaning methods will help to remove limescale from bathroom tiles and return the shine.
Removing limescale from tiles with chemicals
White spots appear on the surface from constant contact with moisture. Splashes of water hit the walls, leaving limescale after drying. As the density of the formed layer increases, it becomes difficult to wash it off over time. The conditions in the bathroom are favorable for the development of mold and mildew. They look unpleasant, harm the health of the respiratory system of the body.
Household chemicals will help to eliminate pollution without difficulty. When using them for tiles, read the manufacturer’s recommendations so as not to harm the elements when washing, grouting in the joints. Aggressive substances cause discoloration of the material in the bathroom.
Professional anti-plaque preparations contain ammonia, isopropyl alcohol, solvents. The products are available in the form of pastes, sprays, powders, and creamy preparations.
They wash stained tiles, remove plaque, disinfect bathroom surfaces.
Instructions for use chemicals in removing limescale from bathroom tiles:
- Cover your face with a respirator. Put on gloves.
- Spread the product evenly over the problem area.
- Rub the place of plaque formation with a sponge, leave for active influence for the time indicated by the instructions.
- Remove excess cleaning agent with clean water.
- Wipe the tiles dry.
The bathroom door must be open. Constant air circulation will save you from poisoning with chemical vapors.
Recommended for you How To Clean Urine Stains Around Toilet?
How To Remove Limescale From Bathroom Tiles with folk remedies?
If the store-bought detergents did not cope with the task, the plaque remained on the tile, you can use improvised means. Cleaning with folk effective recipes is a budget and effective solution to the problem of accumulation of dirt in the bathroom. It will be possible to eliminate education without harm to health.
Acids and alcohols
The citric acid powder dissolves formations on ceramic tiles. Apply a small amount of crystals with a damp sponge or cloth, spread over the walls of the bathroom. Rinse with water, wipe with a cloth. The method helps to quickly clean the surface without physical effort.
If a dry product is not available, fresh fruit can be used. Rub the plaque with a lemon wedge. This will facilitate the laundering process. Rinse the area to be treated with clean water.
A good effect in removing tarnishing on tiles is achieved from the use of ammonia. The ammonia solution is diluted: 1 tbsp. l. substances per 2 liters of water.
Application of Acids and alcohols :
- Moisten a sponge with the finished mixture, process the tile.
- They begin to wash off the darkening from the plaque after 15 minutes.
- Rinse well with clean water.
- Wipe dry.
- Open windows, bathroom doors for ventilation.
To give the tiles a shine, it is recommended to rub them with a flannel cloth. Liquid ammonia kills mold spores.
Chlorine to Remove Limescale From Bathroom Tiles
The disinfectant detergent quickly removes dirt and deposits.
Algorithm of actions for washing tiles in the bathroom:
- Dissolve a small amount of bleach with water.
- Fill the spray bottle with the composition.
- Spray on tiles.
- Leave to wash for 5 minutes.
- Rub with a sponge.
- Rinse until the surface stops foaming.
You can wash the tiles in the bathroom from plaque with table vinegar. The features of using the product depend on its concentration. 9% of the substance is used without dilution. The essence is diluted: for 1 liter of water, take 3 tbsp. l. acid. Instructions:
- Spray the product on the tile with a spray bottle.
- Wait 5 minutes for the substance to penetrate into the structure of the plaque; washing begins from the inside.
- Rub the ceramic surface with a soft brush.
- Remove residues with a dry cloth. Do not use the shower, bath for a while, letting the treated areas dry out.
Perform the manipulation while protecting your hands with gloves. The acid damages the skin, causing burns.
Others methods To Remove Limescale From Bathroom Tiles
The material from which the tiles are made does not always lend themselves to washing by standard methods. The surface of the elements can be damaged by the corrosive effects of acids. You can remove limescale from the tiles in the bathroom with gentle compounds.
- Dilute with a little water to form a paste.
- Distribute the cleaning agent.
- Leave to dry.
- Gently wipe off plaque with a damp sponge.
- Dry with a rag.
The powder makes the seams in the bathroom between the tiles white, removes stains.
Washing procedure with baking soda:
- Moisten the sponge, soak it with powder.
- Attach to the problem area.
- Rub the plaque gently. Clean without pressure, so as not to leave scratches and micro-damage that will spoil the look of the bathroom.
- Rinse the tiles with clean cold water.
Washing method with soapy water:
- Fill the container with a small amount of liquid, add soap.
- Wipe the area where plaque has formed in the bathroom, moving from bottom to top.
- Remove moisture quickly, wipe with a dry cloth.
This helps to prevent the development of fungus, the appearance of unpleasant formations.
Modern tile cleaning methods
Knowing and using the methods of cleaning contaminated surfaces, you can easily get rid of plaque, stone, and keep the bathroom clean. By resorting to surface care technologies, you can save time and effort.
The device dissolves stains in a few seconds. Under the influence of steam, pressure, particles are disintegrated. The device will remove dirt from tiles, get rid of black mold and mildew.
To wash the walls in the bathroom, it is enough to send the steam to the formation, hold for 5-10 seconds, wipe with a dry cloth.
The anti-plaque and rust remover on tiles is made of foamed melamine resin. It is an effective replacement for aggressive household chemicals for cleaning elements in the bathroom.
Instructions for use:
- Wet a sponge.
- Rub stains, plaque build-up.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Remove moisture with a cloth.
Elements wash the tiles, polish the surface of the bathtub to a shine. After use, no streaks remain. The product is not harmful to health, processed materials.
To cleanse the area affected by plaque, the napkin is moistened, wiped with it. If necessary, pass along the walls, painted with enamel, taps, pipes.
Read More guides
- How To Remove Burnt Stains From Stainless Steel
- How To Clean Oven Racks With Ammonia
- How To Remove Silicone Residue From Bathtub
Faded tiles are the result of contact with hard water. Thanks to modern means, folk recipes, you can easily remove limescale from bathroom tiles in the bathroom. When choosing a cleaning method, it is necessary to test its effect on a small inconspicuous area. This will help avoid unexpected consequences.