Kitchen towels that get dirty quickly do not always return cleanliness, softness, and freshness. It is advisable to analyze different methods to find the right one.
From household remedies and products washing towels with baking soda is the best recipe.
effectiveness of Washing Towels With Baking Soda
After trying to wash kitchen towels made from natural textiles with baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) or soda ash (sodium carbonate), you can understand that these substances really effectively remove even stubborn dirt.
It determines this effect with softening, disinfecting, cleansing characteristics, which are more pronounced in the calcined variety.
Products not only acquire purity but also get rid of unpleasant odors. It is possible to remove ink marks, oil smudges, traces of lipstick, stains from tea, coffee.
It is important to take into account that often such means are not used in order to preserve the integrity of the textile structure. Protect hands when handling sodium carbonate by wearing rubber gloves. Protect eyes and mucous membranes from splashes, which are immediately washed off.
Read out How To Whiten Socks With Baking Soda?
Best Recipes for Washing Towels With Baking Soda by hands
Having found out that the terry towels are covered with yellowness and have acquired unpleasant stiffness, there is no need to rush to write them down for scrap. Among the folk methods, there are simple techniques to save these products.
If you need not only softening and getting rid of dirt but also the return of freshness, it is recommended to pour a glass of sodium bicarbonate into 10 liters of slightly warmed water in the evening in the evening. Products are soaked, immersed completely, and left until morning. Then they are washed by hand using laundry soap.
Baking soda and salt stains cleaner
In order to give softness and get rid of stains of any terry things napkins, dressing gowns, including towels, the method of pre-soaking is practiced.
Water is poured into a basin 5 liters, heated to 60˚С. Dissolve sodium bicarbonate 2 tbsp and fine salt 3 tbsp. Immerse the products for 45 minutes. Then wash by hand.
baking soda with laundry soap
Waffle or smooth linen, cotton towels are easy to clean if you adopt the technique of using laundry soap. Using a grater or knife, turn half of a standard bar into fine chips. Combine with soda ash 3 tbsp.
Water is poured into a basin 3 liters at a temperature of about 55 ° C and the soap-soda mixture is dissolved. The products are soaked for 15 minutes and then washed. Rub off stubborn dirt with a small cloth brush.
Washing Towels With Baking Soda in washing machine
Having decided to wash towels in a machine, they select options using soda, which becomes an important addition to a variety of recipes, contributing to the return of cleanliness to products.
It should be noted that any kind of soda drinking or soda ash softens the water. Take 3 tbsp. and poured directly into the drum.
Washing Towels With Baking Soda and vinegar
To effectively eliminate even a stubborn persistent odor, the following machine wash method is practiced. Table vinegar (9%)100 ml is poured into the container of the machine intended for air conditioners.
Light monochromatic products are put into the drum and sodium bicarbonate – 100 g is poured into the compartment and the used detergent is poured into the compartment and the mode with the temperature for cotton is set at 60˚С. After such a procedure, things are well cleaned and acquire freshness.
You can make a homemade conditioner based on this recipe. You will need sodium carbonate 1 cup. Pour the substance into a 2-liter glass jar. Vinegar (9%) is added 1.2 liters. With stirring, add essential oil with your favorite aroma 5 drops. Store under a lid, adding 50 ml of towels when washing.
Washing colored Towels With Baking Soda
The following composition with soda ash allows you to wash towels with colored patterns while maintaining the juiciness of the shades.
Preparation of solution for washing colored towels with baking soda:
- Pour a liter of hot water into a saucepan.
- Rub a bar of 50 g of laundry soap and add it to the water.
- With low heat, constantly stirring, bring the soap shavings to complete dissolution.
- Remove the container from the heat.
- Put sodium carbonate 100 g and stir.
- Pour in brewed green tea without aromatic additives 150 ml.
Cool the product, pour it into a jar or bottle. Store in a hermetically sealed form. For washing at a temperature not exceeding 60 ° C, 100 ml of the composition is consumed, pouring directly into the drum.
Recommended for you How To Clean Stained Kitchen Towels?
Washing Towels With Baking Soda and borax
Washes away dirt, softens textiles, a gel detergent prepared according to the following recipe:
- Laundry soap is turned into fine shavings by cutting with a knife or using a fine grater. Measure 150 g and transfer in small portions to an enamel container with boiling water 1 liter, stirring vigorously.
- Sodium carbonate 200 g is poured into the soap solution that has acquired a homogeneous consistency.
Stirring, add powdered borax 200 g, which enhances the disinfecting properties.
- The cooled, thickened mass is poured into a vessel with a stopper. For each machine wash, use 4 tbsp. homemade gel.
You can make a safe and effective laundry detergent that easily returns freshness to white kitchen towels:
- A bar of household or children’s rear is turned into thin shavings on a grater. Measure out 250 g.
- Pour into a dry bowl, add washing powder, borax and sodium carbonate 125 g each.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a dry jar with a lid.
Washing requires 125 g of homemade powder. It can be placed in a drum.
baking soda with vegetable oil
Dirty kitchen towels get a pleasant freshness and wash well if they are soaked in the following solution:
- Warm water is poured into an enamel or plastic basin – 10 liters.
- Stir in a quarter of a glass of liquid detergent commonly used for laundry.
- Add baking soda with vegetable oil 3 tbsp each.
Immerse the products, keeping them until the morning. This is followed by a machine wash as usual.
soda ash and bakings for towels stain removing
Baking soda (Sodium bicarbonate) and soda ash (sodium carbonate), both of which have good whitening properties, bring freshness back to plain light-colored linen or cotton towels.
preparation of soda ash and bakings recipe:
- Add soda ash 4 tbsp. into the compartment where washing powder is poured in an automatic machine. The temperature is set at 90 ° C and the wash is carried out.
- They collect hot water in a bucket or basin 7 liters. Add sodium carbonate with washing powder 1 tbsp. Towels are immersed in liquid for 4 hours and then machine washed.
Effectively whitens kitchen towels made of natural textiles by boiling, which is carried out in the following sequence:
- Wash white towels by hand with laundry soap.
- 8 liters of hot water are poured into an enamelled tank
- Grind a standard bar of laundry soap to fine shavings.
- Pour into water, adding sodium bicarbonate – half a glass.
- They put the tank on the stove and boil with low heating of the product until the required whiteness appears. On average, the procedure lasts 40 minutes or more.
Well removes yellowness, whitening home stain remover. Prepare it using the following algorithm:
- In an enamel mug with a glass of boiling water, place soda ash a quarter of a glass and mix thoroughly.
- Add hydrogen peroxide (3%) – half a glass.
- 1.5 liters of warm water are poured into a two-liter bottle equipped with a dispenser.
- Add the prepared mixture of soda and peroxide and shake.
When using, spray the product onto the yellow marks and let stand for 10 minutes before washing. If you want to bleach stubborn stains, then leave for 8 hours. This is followed by a machine wash.
Towels are everyday-use items in every home. Proper cleaning and disinfecting require at the time. Use best and effective remedy for washing towels with baking soda.