Every housewife knows very well how difficult it is to remove dirt from carpets. Stubborn stains do not lend themselves to the combination of plain water, detergents, you have to resort to heavy artillery-purchased chemicals.
There is an easier way to use baking soda carpet cleaner recipes. The combination of baking soda, auxiliary components will allow you to cope with even old fat without much hassle.
Best Baking Soda Carpet Cleaner Recipe
baking soda and vinegar Recipe
The use of baking soda and vinegar is a proven way to restore cleanliness and freshness to carpet products. It must be remembered that the composition is quite aggressive, so you should first make sure of its safety in a small inconspicuous area.
Soak a cotton pad with the prepared liquid, rub the coating. If there are no suspicious darkening or lightening, proceed to the cleaning process. Another important rule is to carry out the work, observing the precautionary rules, there is a risk of damaging the skin.
Preparation of baking soda and vinegar Recipe:
- Mix warm water (1 L), table vinegar (25 ml).
- Sprinkle plenty of baking soda on the carpet, leave for half an hour.
- Vacuum the surface.
- Spray the prepared acidic compound onto the carpet surface.
- Wait until the remains of sodium bicarbonate and vinegar enter the reaction.
- After drying, arm yourself with a brush, clean the surface (be sure to move in the direction of the pile).
- Vacuum the coating again.
Not always, one application of funds is enough to completely get rid of the problem. Often you have to use sodium bicarbonate, vinegar several times. For stubborn stains, alternate between different formulations. After cleaning with vinegar, it is imperative to air the room the smell from the pile will quickly disappear.
Recommended for you Best Baking Soda Bathroom Cleaner Recipes.
Washing powder and Baking Soda Carpet Cleaner Recipe
If you have stubborn stains on fleecy surfaces, you will have to prepare a carpet cleaner based on table vinegar, sodium bicarbonate, and washing powder. The mixture perfectly removes old dirt, even grease.
Preparation of washing powder and Baking Soda Carpet Cleaner Recipe:
- Mix vinegar (25 ml), soda (30 g), washing powder (25 g), water (1 l).
- Vacuum the carpet, remove debris, dust.
- Spray the prepared compound evenly over the carpet.
- Clean the surface with a brush.
- Complete the process with clean light-colored rags (damp then dry).
- Dry the carpet surface completely.
Home cleaning of carpets using sodium bicarbonate should be carried out at least once a month. This is enough to keep the coating fresh and clean at all times.
Baking soda with dish washing liquid
Another proven folk remedy that allows you to quickly remove dirt, grease stains a mixture of sodium bicarbonate, vinegar, dishwashing liquid. Using the composition, take into account that you will have to thoroughly rinse the flooring the remaining liquid will begin to collect dust, which will lead to new pollution.
Preparation of Baking soda with dishwashing liquid recipe:
- Combine dish washing liquid (20 ml), vinegar (20 ml), sodium bicarbonate (30 g), for old greasy stains change the proportions add a little more detergent.
- Spread the mixed composition over the previously vacuumed carpet with a sponge.
- Leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Remove with clean rags.
- Vacuum again after drying.
It is recommended to dry the carpet on both sides. Better to do it outdoors, in the sun.
Dry cleaning with baking soda
The easiest way to deal with carpet stains is to use dry baking soda. Despite the ease of use of the product, the composition is no less effective than mixtures based on detergents.
- In order to remove dust, debris, vacuum the coating.
- Sprinkle the carpet surface with sodium bicarbonate evenly with a thick layer.
- Wait half an hour.
- Vacuum several times, trying to clean in the direction of the pile.
In the presence of old stains, rub the product into the pile with a palm, brush, leave for an hour. It is not recommended to wet the dirt stains may remain that contrast with the main part of the carpet.
Hydrogen peroxide with baking soda
Using hydrogen peroxide in combination with baking soda will clean up stubborn dirt. Be sure to take into account the pharmaceutical product has bleaching qualities. It is recommended to use the composition on light, monochromatic carpets.
Pre-test the mixture apply 3-5 drops of the prepared product on an inconspicuous area of the surface. If light spots are visible, it is better to refuse to use the prepared solution.
- Baking soda (50 g) is mixed with peroxide (120 ml).
- Stir the composition until the soda particles dissolve.
- Cover the dirt evenly with the prepared solution.
- Arm yourself with a clean damp cloth, clean stains, rinse the cloth as it gets dirty, wring it out.
- Once the stains have been removed, the carpet will dry, and a fan will help speed up the process.
When cleaning carpets, remember that it is easier to remove fresh stains than old stubborn stains. It is recommended to use a mixture based on peroxide, sodium bicarbonate immediately after the appearance of dirt.
Read also Use Baking Soda To Remove Pet Urine Odor.
Baking soda combined with table salt
Baking soda combined with table salt is an excellent remedy for all types of contaminants. It is recommended to use the composition even on colored surfaces – the mixture does not damage the pile, does not change the shade. Another plus of using the mixture is that the carpet product is refreshed and shiny.
Baking soda with table salt recipe:
- Mix baking soda, table salt (take the components in equal parts).
- Spray the dry compound over the carpet.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Remove the mixture with a slightly damp broom.
- Vacuum the carpet.
If stubborn dirt is present, clean the bristles additionally with a brush.
baking soda with baby powder recipe
It is recommended to remove greasy stains on carpets immediately after the appearance of contamination this will greatly facilitate the process. If cleaning immediately fails, more effort will have to be expended.
Preparation of baking soda with baby powder recipe:
- Combine baking soda, baby powder, table salt in equal parts. Make sure that the salt does not contain iodine, which can leave more persistent dark spots after using the product.
- Add a little vinegar – the composition should resemble a thick paste.
- Spread the product in an even thick layer over the dirt, rub it into the pile with a sponge.
- Leave for an hour.
- Remove the mixture with a sponge, clean with a sponge, be sure to use a nap.
- After the carpet surface is dry, vacuum the carpet.
If the first cleaning does not bring the desired results, repeat the process after the carpet is completely dry.
use baking soda safely for carpet cleaning
An alkaline solution based on baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is one of the safest cleaning products. Despite the gentle effect of baking soda, it is recommended to follow the precautionary rules that will prevent unpleasant consequences.
Baking soda rarely causes an allergic skin reaction, but caution is advised for people with sensitive dermis. Clean with protected hands use rubber gloves. Protect the respiratory system as much as possible, especially when using dry formulations.
After cleaning carpet surfaces, rinse your hands thoroughly with warm water, use soap on a natural basis the preparation will moisturize and relieve irritation.
It is also recommended to complete the washing procedure by applying a fat cream, baby oil. Following the precautionary rules will prevent drying of the skin, the appearance of peeling.
Precautions are also recommended for carpets. Regardless of the color, quality of the carpet, start cleaning the surface from inconspicuous corners under the bed, sofa, wardrobe.
Even if the stains did not appear immediately, wait 1-3 hours, re-check for light or dark areas after the surface has dried. The absence of defects is a signal to clean the entire carpet.
Read More Guides
Experienced housewife always tries to use homemade remedies to cope with any problem at the home. The baking soda carpet cleaner recipe is best for cleaning carpet from any type of stain easily and effectively.