If a sick person lives in the apartment, then situations may arise when the urine of an adult human gets on the upholstered furniture.
Removing unpleasant urine odors from the couch is not an easy problem. There are several ways to deal with it.
How to get human urine smell out of couch? Traditional methods and purchased household chemicals that can be used at home will help to resolve the issue.
How To Get Human Urine Smell Out Of Couch?
It is believed that the smell of human urine is the most difficult to eliminate from the upholstery of upholstered furniture. Available means and simple folk recipes will help to cope with the situation.
clean urine with alcohol
The use of vodka can be very effective in the case when the urine has occurred quite recently, just a few minutes ago.
procedure to clean urine with alcohol:
- Prepare a bowl or other wide container.
- Soak a clean sponge in vodka and blot the entire surface of the stain that is the source of the smell with it.
- Leave for a couple of minutes and repeat the manipulation again.
- Rinse the sponge in water and wipe the treatment area with it.
- Dry the upholstery surface with napkins.
For processing, undiluted vodka should be used. You cannot use other alcoholic drinks instead of vodka.
Read also Deep Cleaning Upholstered Furniture.
clean urine with chlorine
The specific smell of bleach, and its chemical properties will help remove the smell from the upholstery of upholstered furniture, even in the case of old stains.
The drug can be used in the following options:
- esay to use;
- previously diluted in water;
- combined with alcohol.
Since bleach has a strong pungent odor, it is necessary to carry out all types of work with it in a well-ventilated area. If possible, then it is better to take the damaged sofa outside during cleaning.
The prepared tool is necessary:
- Apply liberally to stain.
- Rub the fabric with a sponge.
- Leave it on for 15-30 minutes.
- Go over the upholstery with a sponge again.
- Blot the stain with a cloth or sponge soaked in water.
- Dry the surface with napkins.
- Leave the upholstery to dry.
Since bleach has a bleaching effect, it is not recommended to use it on colored fabrics due to the risk of discoloration.
Use Ammonia to get human urine smell out of couch
To prepare a highly effective human urine odor remedy:
- ammonia is recommended to be mixed in a 1: 1 ratio with vodka,
- the resulting solution is well moistened with the upholstery and left for half an hour,
- after that, the fabric is cleaned with water using a sponge.
soda and vinegar remove human urine odor
Using vinegar can help remove odors from recent stains. To do this , sprinkle the place of contamination with baking soda , distributing it over the entire surface of the affected upholstery. Leave in this form for 5-10 minutes.The sponge is moistened in vinegar and the stain is treated with it. The resulting extinguishing reaction will lead not only to the elimination of the amber, but also to the removal of the stain.
An old urine smell can be eliminated with ordinary laundry soap. To do this, follow these steps:
- Grate the soap.
- Dilute it with water to a gruel state.
- Apply to upholstery in the area that is the source of the unpleasant odor.
- Withstand half an hour.
- Wash off with water using a sponge.
For light upholstery of a sofa, it is advisable to use white laundry soap.
Pharmacy potassium permanganate is one of the means to eliminate unpleasant odors from upholstered furniture. On its basis, an aqueous solution of low concentration is prepared. In this case, the water should be colored in a pale pink hue.
A wipe or sponge should be moistened with the solution and treated with the stain that is the source of the urine odor. The upholstery section, well moistened with a manganese solution, is left for half an hour.
After this time has elapsed, the processing is repeated once more. After drying, the urine smell goes away.
Since potassium permanganate has a pronounced shade that is capable of dyeing fabrics, it can be used to eliminate an unpleasant odor only on dark sofa upholstery.
use lemon juice remove urine smell
At its core, lemon juice is an acid that can eliminate urine odor when exposed to a stain.
It will take a few lemons to treat a large enough stain. The upholstery is wetted with a clean cloth or sponge.
Since there is an acid in the composition of lemon juice, removal of the urine odor using this method cannot be carried out on fabrics that require only delicate cleaning.
5 recommendations in removing urine smell
Faced with the problem of the smell of urine on the couch, it is important not only to know what means to correct the situation but also how to do it correctly.
To do this, it is advisable to use the following recommendations:
- The best result is achieved if the “accident” is detected immediately. The urine that has eaten into the deep layers complicates the process of removing the odor.
- It is necessary to identify the source of the unpleasant odor so that the entire upholstery does not have to be processed.
- The composition of urine of adults differs from that of children and animals. To deal with a problem most effectively using actionable methods, you need to know its origin.
- All work on cleaning the sofa upholstery should be carried out with rubber gloves.
- Before using the sofa after the treatment, you must wait until it is completely dry.
If a person living in the house has disorders of the urinary system, leading to urinary incontinence, it is advisable for him to use a diaper, especially in those cases when he sits on the sofa.
Read more Guides
The use of products in the house allows you to start processing immediately after the formation of a urine stain and the appearance of an odor.
The use of household chemicals and folk recipes will help to get human urine smell out of couch, even if the stain has been left for a long time.