Manufacturers of household chemicals offer hundreds of drugs that can easily return the original whiteness and shine to the bath, but the use of chemicals is not always possible.
Health problems, allergies to certain components, sensitive surface coating are the main reasons for refusing to use aggressive compounds at home.
You should not expose yourself or your households to danger, use chemicals contrary to the warnings of doctors the baking soda bathroom cleaner recipe will allow you to easily cope with rust, yellow bloom, lime stains.
Is baking soda a good bathroom cleaner?
Bathroom care is a process that is recommended to be carried out regularly because the cleanliness of plumbing equipment is the main rule of hygiene.
It is not necessary to often spend money on the purchase of aggressive drugs – soda solutions will cope just as well with bleaching, getting rid of rust stains, lime. It is important to remember that only fresh dirt can be cleaned – the composition will be powerless against stubborn stains.
Simultaneously with the removal of stains, solutions based on sodium bicarbonate have an additional effect:
- replace antiseptic, disinfect;
- cope with an unpleasant odor;
- destroy harmful bacteria;
- prevent the development of fungal microorganisms.
Another advantage of homemade mixtures is that allow you to clean the surface of the bath the alkaline solution does not irritate the skin, rarely provokes an allergic reaction.
Despite the safety, it is better not to work without gloves – hand protection will avoid any unwanted consequences.
Here guide on How To Remove Mold From Bathroom Ceiling.
Baking Soda Bathroom Cleaner Recipes
you can make a baking soda bathroom cleaner recipe in combined with soda ash, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, ammonia etc
The use of soda ash will help to get rid of yellowness on a cast-iron bath. The simplicity of the method attracts many housewives there is no need to prepare multicomponent solutions.
Step-by-step cleaning with soda ash:
- Pour soda ash into a small bowl.
- Moisten a sponge, dip in powder.
- Sprinkle a little warm water over the bathtub.
- Wipe vigorously.
- If there are stains, additionally sprinkle with sodium bicarbonate, clean.
- Rinse with warm water, wipe dry.
The disadvantage of this method is that cleaning will have to be carried out often, it is too difficult to remove stubborn dirt, you will have to rub it for a long time, which will lead to scratches.
vinegar and Baking Soda Bathroom Cleaner Recipe
With stubborn stains, heavy dirt, lime, baking soda will not cope with the problem you will have to use “heavy artillery” in the form of a mixture of table vinegar and sodium bicarbonate.
Be careful and protect your hands with gloves, if possible, do not inhale vapors, provide free access to air. The disadvantage of this method is that it is not recommended to use the mixture on steel baths, apply a more gentle composition.
preparation of vinegar and baking soda bathroom cleaner recipe:
- Pour baking soda (50 g) into a small container.
- Rub the surface with gruel (even layer), leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Pour vinegar into a spray bottle, sprinkle the bath generously, leave for half an hour.
- Go through with a soft brush, sponge, rub hard dirt more actively.
The final stage of the process is to rinse with warm water, remove the remaining moisture with a soft cloth, apply a polishing agent.
whiten bathroom with Citric Acid with baking soda Cleaning Recipe
A product based on sodium bicarbonate, citric acid will help whiten the surfaces of plumbing fixtures. It is allowed to use the mixture even on acrylic bathtubs, but do it carefully it is easy to damage the coating.
It is not recommended to allow sudden changes in the temperature of the water used for rinsing it will not work to prevent the appearance of cracks.
Preparation of Citric Acid with baking soda Cleaning Recipe :
- Combine citric acid, sodium bicarbonate (25 g each).
- Add warm water in small amounts to the dry mixture.
- Spread the resulting gruel over the surface with a sponge.
- Leave for half an hour, if the mixture is dry, sprinkle with water using a spray bottle.
Wipe the stains with a sponge, rinse with warm liquid. Be sure to wipe with a dry cloth the remaining moisture after drying will leave stains.
Use hydrogen peroxide with baking soda for bathroom rust stains
The combination of hydrogen peroxide, sodium bicarbonate will allow you to cope with rust, restore whiteness to plumbing, and remove stubborn lime stains. It is allowed to use the product even on delicate surfaces – the active ingredients do not harm the coatings.
Preparation of bathroom rust cleaner with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda:
- Combine sodium bicarbonate (30 g), hydrogen peroxide (15 ml).
- Leave after stirring for a quarter of an hour.
- Apply the mixture to the surface, spread in an even layer.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Carry out the processing with a sponge, rub too stubborn stains additionally, if necessary, use a brush with stiff bristles.
- Rinse, thoroughly rinse off the remaining alkaline solution.
Wipe the surface, polish if necessary.
Remove bathroom yellowness with Ammonia and baking soda
Using a mixture of ammonia, sodium bicarbonate against yellowness is a quick way to return the bath to its original whiteness and shine. The process is no different from using other baking soda-based solutions.
Preparation of bathroom yellowness remover with Ammonia and baking soda:
- Mix sodium bicarbonate (55 gr.), Ammonia (20 ml).
- Stir until smooth, the foam disappears.
- Spread the gruel in a thin layer over the surface.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe with a sponge, especially vigorously treat dirt, lime stains, yellowness. The use of hard brushes is not recommended – it is easy to cause scratches.
Wash the surface with water, use the only warm liquid. Complete the process by removing residual moisture, you will not need to use special preparations for polishing – the mixture will return shine and whiteness.
Using bleach and baking soda for bath cleaning
On permanently coated surfaces, a combination of bleach, sodium bicarbonate is recommended. For a bath with a delicate coating, it is better to use other compounds there is a risk of provoking the appearance of additional stains.
Preparation solution of baking soda with bleach:
- Combine bleach(30 ml), sodium bicarbonate (30 g.).
- Stir the composition, wait for the disappearance of the soda particles.
- Cover the surface of the bath with a sponge, leave the composition for half an hour.
Finish cleaning, as usual carefully treat all stains, yellowness, remove the remaining alkaline liquid with water. After applying bleach, rinse the bath more thoroughly than after other home remedies the drug is quite aggressive, even a small amount of the chemical can provoke skin irritation.
For the same reason, the composition should be applied, washed off only with rubber gloves it will not work to avoid a burn on the sensitive dermis.
Laundry soap and baking soda for surface cleaning
If you do not have ammonia, peroxide, citric acid at hand, you can get by with laundry soap, which, in combination with sodium bicarbonate, will cope with dirt just as well. There are no bans on the use of the product – it is allowed to use the composition even on delicate coatings.
Laundry soap and baking soda for surface cleaning:
- Chop up laundry soap (50 grams) using a sharp knife, a fine grater will help to facilitate the process – just rub part of the soap bar.
- Add baking soda (50 g), stir the mixture.
- Pour in ammonia (10-20 ml).
- Bring to the recommended volume (150 ml) with warm water.
- Apply the product using a sponge to the dirty surface.
- Wipe the bath vigorously, treat the dirt additionally, wipe the yellow stains more thoroughly.
Rinse, blot moisture with a soft cloth, if necessary – polish. When using laundry soap to get rid of dirt or yellow plaque, you should not forget that you need to wash the surfaces more thoroughly – if foam remains, stains cannot be avoided.
There is a little trick to make the process easier after rinsing, spray the vinegar solution (half a liter of water with 20 ml of vinegar), rinse again.
Precaution in use of baking soda bathroom cleaner
Soda is one of the bath cleaners, which allows you to wash away impurities, remove yellowness without fear for your health. Despite the careful handling of sodium bicarbonate with the human body, it is better to take precautions.
You should not clean surfaces without gloves, if the body is prone to allergic manifestations, it is better to take care of the protection of the respiratory tract wear a mask, respirator.
There are no restrictions on the use of soda solutions, but if there is a person in the family with an individual reaction of the body to sodium bicarbonate, it is better to refuse to use an alkaline liquid.
Even a thorough rinsing of surfaces is not able to completely remove particles of baking soda, which can provoke unwanted complications.
Choose any baking soda bathroom cleaner recipe from above. Be careful in the use of soda with other household products. Always use easily available and the best remedies at home.