An enamel teapot is a beautiful and convenient dish that is used regularly. When boiling water, even purified water, lime deposits often appear on the inner surface.
This is due to the impurities present in the water, which form scale when heated. It is quite possible to cope with such sediment. How to clean enamel tea kettle at home, we will tell you in the article.
How To Clean Enamel Tea Kettle? Home Remedies
Using the tools and products that are in the household, you can solve the problem with the scale that has formed in the enamel teapot.
The need to remove it is associated with the following circumstances:
- health damage from ingestion of limescale particles;
- deterioration of thermal conductivity and, as a result, the need for more time for boiling;
- deterioration in the taste of drinks;
- damage to the enamel.
Simple cleaning with a washcloth and dishwashing detergent does not remove limescale.
use citric acid to descale kettle
Citric acid is not only a food product but also a tool that allows you to remove scale from various surfaces (from a kettle to washing machines). The advantage of cleaning with this method is high efficiency and lack of toxicity.
- Add water. There should be enough of it to cover all areas affected by scale.
- Pour in citric acid (3-5 tbsp. L.).
- Set aside from heat.
- After complete cooling, rinse.
To wash off the acid residues, it is advisable to boil clean water in it and pour it out.
clean tea kettle with vinegar
The acid in the vinegar gives a reaction on contact with lime. As a result, the hard scale breaks down, becomes loose, and is easy to remove.
- pour water into the kettle;
- add vinegar (1 tbsp. l.);
- let stand for half an hour;
- let it boil for 10 minutes;
- set aside from the fire;
- drain the water with vinegar;
- rinse the container.
Cleaning in this manner is recommended with good ventilation, as vinegar gives off a strong odor when heated.
use Baking soda to descale kettle
Regular baking soda can also be used to remove plaque from the kettle. With this method, the cleaning method is as follows:
- Pour 2/3 water into the kettle.
- Pour soda (1 tbsp. L.).
- Boil for half an hour.
- Cool down.
- Rinse under running water with a washcloth.
Use carbonated drinks
Sprite sodas can also be used for descaling. This application has a limitation – the amount of liquid injected should not fill the kettle by more than ½ the volume.
- pour a drink;
- let stand for half an hour;
- rinse with water.
It is advisable to use light, almost transparent carbonated drinks since dark, saturated shades can stain the enamel.
clean kettle with apple peel
The fruit acids found in apple peelings can be a good descaler in your kettle. For this:
- cleanings are folded inside the container, filling it by ½;
- pour water up to 2/3 of the volume;
- bring to a boil and leave to boil over low heat for an hour;
- cleaning is removed, water is drained;
- the bottom and walls of the inner surface are washed with a sponge.
In addition to apple peelings, you can also use pear or potato peelings.
Use Oxalic acid for enemal tea kettle
This product allows you to descale by loosening limescale deposits. Application:
- Fill the kettle with water.
- Add 1 large spoonful of acid.
- Leave to stand for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the solution.
- Rinse the kettle.
Using fresh sorrel is not as effective as using acid.
clean enamel tea kettle with Pickle
For descaling, an undiluted cucumber pickle is suitable. It’s easy to use:
- Pour the brine into the kettle.
- Set aside from heat.
- Let stand until completely cooled.
- Drain the brine.
- Rinse the inside.
If the specific smell persists, boil again with clean water and drain again.
Want to know Kitchen Sink Clogged Tried Everything.
prevent calcium build up in tea kettle
It is almost impossible to completely prevent the appearance of limescale in the kettle. Even in purchased water, or in water that has passed through home filters, there is a certain amount of salts, which, when boiled, form carbon dioxide and water-insoluble sediment.
Preventive measures include the following:
- For boiling, it is advisable to use only purified soft water. Hard is not only harmful to health, but also forms a large amount of scale.
- Regular washing of the inside of your enamel teapot will help prevent the formation of thick layers of limescale. This will help remove plaque while it is loose.
- Continuous topping up of water in the tank to the remaining water from the previous time will contribute to the rapid formation of lime sediment. The solution to the issue is to rinse the kettle before pouring fresh water into it.
- Repeated boiling of the same water is not desirable.
7 Recommendation to keep enamel tea kettle clean
Expert advice to help keep your enamel teapot clean:
- The use of sharp objects to remove the enamel is unacceptable, as this may damage the coating itself.
- If the kettle has chipped enamel on the inside, it makes no sense to descale it, since such dishes should not be used to boil water. Throw it away.
- Removing thick limescale deposits may require several cleaning procedures.
- You should not use several anti-scale products at the same time, since damage to the kettle itself and the formation of vapors harmful to health are possible.
- Due to the specifics of the enamel coating, it is advisable to descale regularly, avoiding sediment build-up. Failure to do so may damage the coating on the inside of the kettle.
- To clean the kettle, use only products that are approved for cleaning the dishes inside.
- Enamel does not tolerate a sharp temperature drop. To prevent it from cracking, you should not immediately draw cold water into it after draining the boiling water from the kettle.
When cleaning the kettle from the inside from scale, you should not ignore its cleaning from the outside. Soda works well for these purposes.
Guide on DailyHouseCleaning
The kettle is used frequently, so limescale can build up in it very quickly. With regular rinsing and cleaning according to home recipes or special products, the dishes will keep clean and not pose a threat to health.
Whichever method is used to clean enamel tea kettle, at the end of the work, the kettle must always be thoroughly washed from the inside.